Check out the 149th edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance which went live this morning. Frank, did an awesome job of organizing and hosting this edition, love the theme and the pictures.
All the articles were good, but the following articles resonated with me:
- MomAdvice presents This Americanâ€™s Dream – Amy Allen Clark shares an motivating post about their completed journey out of debt and what it means to their family.
- Free Money Finance presents The Spending Smart Philosophy: Controlling Spending is the Key to Building Wealth – FMF writes that controlling spending is the key to wealth. A long but energizing read.
- Greener Pastures presents The Psychology of Money-â€I Have to Have Itâ€-The Impulse Purchase – Lisa teaches us where impulsive shopping urges come from and how can we control them. The layout and insight here is helpful in examining our own spending foibles.
- Rather-Be-Shopping presents 5 Ways to Survive on One Income – Kyle James writes that having a parent at home with the kids is often more doable then you might think. These personal glimpses into lives of others provide a great backdrop to give us perspective about our own decisions.
- How to make $7 million in 7 years presents How much interest do you earn on one million dollars? – AJC writes teaches us why just leaving your money in the bank is a high risk strategy â€¦ you are much better off OWNING the bank!
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity presents Laddering Your Emergency Fund – jim discusses maximizing earnings for emergency funds.
- LivingAlmostLarge presents Should you Pay off your student Loans? – livingalmostlarge asks should you pay off your student loans? Or are they last on the list after even a mortgage?
- INDEBTED 2 YOU – Freelance and Contract Technical Writing Rates – Starving Artist presents an excellent personal look at trying to find out what your worth.
- The Digerati Life presents Get Hired, Get a Raise and Get Paid More By Improving Your Appearance – Silicon Valley Blogger writes about the effect that appearances can have on your income.
- Feminist Finance presents Equal Pay Day – f.f. shares about getting equal pay for women. LOVED LOVED THIS POST!!!!
- Master Your Card presents Banks vs. Credit Unions: Which is Better? – Jonathan gives us his take on the beauty of the credit union.
- Mrs. Micah presents Spousal IRAs Make Sense for Stay at Home Moms (SAHMS) – Mrs. Micah talks about retirements planning for stay at home moms.
- Living After Foreclosure presents Why get foreclosed on when you can just â€œwalk awayâ€ – mbhunter thinks that there will be a lot of companies doing this.
- Finance Gets Personal Next Year Will Be Different – Finance Girl writes that it is time to get organized for next yearâ€™s tax season! This is key as we’re doing the same thing, no more waiting till November to get prepared for next year.
Personal finance bloggers ROCK! Enjoy!