Never have I experienced such ineptitude and lack of customer service in all of my adult life. This company has managed to grate my last working nerve and I have had it. Our Internet doesn’t work, they don’t have phone service in our area and the cable sometimes kicks out depending on what’s going on over on their end. When we do call to have them come over to fix the issue? The dispatcher tells us on three separate occasions that the tech was here but that we were not home. How about we were standing outside with the lights on waiting for him?
After a long battle with them, they did give us a credit which leaves us without a bill for 2 months. But Comcast wants to charge $150+ for cable and Internet when FIOS will give us all three: phone, internet and cable for $104.99.
Guess where we’re going come November?
So today, rather than continue to be patient and take their crap Im going to list 20 reasons why I hate Comcast.
1. Customer Service Representatives lack training in the very basics of human interaction
2. They lose your payment and heaven forbid you didn’t keep the payment receipt you were given in person because they sure didn’t keep a record of in in their system or hard files
3. Customer service representatives that hang up on you when they’ve determined that they dont understand your issue because their colleagues dont know how to note accounts in an effective manner
4. Reps don’t notate accounts.
5. Reps have to be played back supervisor callbacks from my personal voice mail because said supervisor did not note the account
6. No consistent set of rules for engaging around customers and Comcast policies. Julie is able to credit me but Joe Bloe supervisor cannot.
7. They lie.
8. They lie.
9. Did I say they lie?
10. They run local ads touting customer service but the same manager has no idea about what goes on during service hours between customers and representatives
11. Comcast consistently forgets that FIOS is in town and since customers dont have contracts with Comcast, they can easily jump ship
12. The only thing they are good for is the NBA Package and that was the only reason why my husband petitioned for us to keep them. He is so fed up he is willing to miss his Knick games just to not have to deal with the madness and crappy service that is Comcast
13. When waiting for a technician to arrive, one must wait for the customer service agent to EMAIL NOT CALL the dispatcher who then has to call back the supervisor who must then call you back to let you know where the tech is in route? How about just calling the dispatcher directly? Common sense isnt so common at Comcast these days.
14. They know they suck and give out credits instead of working to FIX the problem
15. The quality of their employees are at an all time low. EVERY SINGLE person I have been in touch with their over the last 3 weeks has been unprofessional or unable to complete some of the very basic tasks required of them such as correctly noting an account or applying a credit
16. The auto pay function decides to stop working mid string and then miraculously starts working when it decides to turn on and actually work.
17. The same auto pay function after being removed from the account, debits your account after paying the balance over the phone with the customer service rep
18. The technicians poorly represent the company as they are often contractors with no real dedication to representing the company in a professional manner. Why are you in my house at 12am asking me to feed you because you’ve been here for 4+ hours because you cant do your job and fix the Internet?
19. The technicians curse out the dispatchers in front of you and then quit on the spot and proceed to tell you “sorry, I been dealing with this isht all day and they gonna have to fix this for you, I’m out!”
20. When calling into the customer service call center, you can hear the reps in the background talking about some recent drama in their lives. Do I really need to hear that? I don’t want to hear about how you put it down in your man last night and I certainly dont want to know what color thong you had on either!
Need I say more? if you’ve been screwed with no lube by Comcast here’s some information that’ll make your day:
Contact the Executive Offices at: 1-215-665-1700 or 1-215-665-2278. It always is beneficial to get as high up the food chain as possible with large corporations. Just remember to always stay calm, be polite and be concise….don’t ramble. Again, notes are helpful. Tell them you want to file a formal complaint and be specific about the issues involved. Again, log any names of people you speak with. This will probably yield no results again, but is an important step in the process.
3) Write a formal letter of complaint to the top management of Comcast. Be very nice but firm, keep things concise and to the point. Try to keep it to one page if possible, two at the most. Start with Brian Roberts, the CEO. Send cc’s to the rest of the management team and to each of the directors of the board.
The names of the management team and board of directors are available here:
Send the letters to the management team c/o
1500 Market Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19102
So, try the email complaint route at www.comcast.com. And, here’s the phone number that I used: 1-800-593-9692
Questions: Have you had any run-ins with Comcast? How did you handle it? Do you hate them as much as I do?